Thursday, August 02, 2007

National Ice Cream Sandwich Day

The Amazon Blog claims (on no evidence that I can see) that today, August 2nd, is National Ice Cream Sandwich Day. I've decided I don't care how they discovered or determined this; the world needs an official Ice Cream Sandwich day, and we'll take a national one if that's all we can get. (I'm assuming the nation in question is the USA; if anyone has better information, please let me know.)

It may be too late to run out to your local frozen-foods supplier to get an ice cream sandwich tonight, but, if so, you all have my official permission to celebrate National Ice Cream Sandwich Day tomorrow, or on the day of your choosing.

How to celebrate? Why, just eat an ice cream sandwich, of course.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No, no, take two cookies, put ice cream between them. I have unopened fudge drop Sandies, I'll get two of those and put some Ben & Jerry's Vanilla Caramel Fudge swirl between. Then you have to let them freeze a bit before you eat.

And if you want to work from scratch, yesterday's WashPost Food section had an article on ice cream sandwiches and recipes for Lemon Cookies with Blueberry Lavender ice cream, Oatmeal Cinnamon Gelato Sandiwches, Cinnamon Chocolate Espresso Sandwiches, and Sugar Cookie Peach Sorbet Sandwiches. There's some things for you and Thing 1 and Thing 2 to do for August!

Post a Comment