Monday, October 01, 2007

Books Read in September

Another month gone by, and another set of links to me reviews here and at ComicMix. I'm now tossing in covershots for the things I briefly mention here; let's see if that completely screws up the formatting....
  • Osamu Tezuka, Buddha, Vol. 4: The Forest of Uruvela (9/1)
  • Kiyohko Azuma, Yotsuba&!, Vol. 1 (9/2)
  • Loren D. Estleman, Nicotine Kiss (9/4)
  • Gene Luen Yang, American Born Chinese (9/5)
  • Loren D. Estleman, American Detective (9/6)
  • J. Torres & Eric Kim, Love As a Foreign Language, Vol. 1 (9/7)
    This counts as a "book" only by the skin of its teeth; it's essentially an issue of a comic, but it's squarebound and could sit on a shelf, so I'm counting it. I have no idea how long the series is, so I don't want to completely judge it until I get to the end. It's a romantic comedy about a Canadian ESL teacher in Korea, who is utterly homesick and ready to give up when he suddenly falls in love with a local woman.
  • Woody Allen, Mere Anarchy (9/7)
  • Simon Rich, Ant Farm (9/8)
As far as reading goes, it wasn't a bad month. (As far as my personal life goes, it was a wonderful month, since I got a new job, and, As You Know Bob, it's hard to concentrate on anything else when one is out of work.)

No comments:

Post a Comment