Things I probably would have have had opinions on include:
- the Realms of Fantasy death and rebirth (see Douglas Cohen's post for details; I'm planning to continue my graphic novels column for them, as long as there is a "them" that wants me)
- World Fantasy Award winners
- hell, I missed the Hugo Award winners, and the nominees, too; it's not a good year for me and being on top of awards
- various skiffy and publishing-world outrages and tumults, including the recipes-on-the-Internet-aren't-copyrightable kerfuffle of last week
- most of the movies I've seen for the past six months
- and possibly even actual events in my own life and the lives of my family, including my two increasingly gigantic sons (the twelve-year-old Thing 1 is now taller than my 5'9" wife).
Anyway, I'm still here. I've been using Google Reader for quick look-at-this blogging (which appears in a probably not-all-that-useful sidebar here and then feeds through to my Twitter, @Hornswoggler and then on to Facebook, if those are more convenient), so I'm still out there. And I'm certainly reading books! Though, as always, I'm more worried about the books I'm not getting to read, or how much time I don't spend reading...but I should be used to myself by this point.