Sunday, September 22, 2024

Reviewing the Mail: Week of September 21, 2024

One book came in the mail from a publisher this week, so it takes over this slot entirely. (I also got a big box of books I ordered - those will get parceled out into later weeks for workload and more-posts reasons.)

It's the new collection of short stories by Nalo Hopkinson, Jamaica Ginger and Other Concoctions, coming in trade paper and electronic versions on October 29th from Tachyon.

Included are fifteen recent stories - all of them first published since her last collection, 2015's Falling in Love with Hominids - along with story notes and an introduction by Hopkinson and a foreword by her sometime collaborator Nisi Shawl.

I'm very out of date on Hopkinson's writing - I think I read her first two novels, maybe the third, and then lost track - but she's an interesting, specific writer, and it's great to see a new book from her.

No comments:

Post a Comment