Monday, March 20, 2006

David Feintuch, 1944-2006

Locus Online reported over the weekend that SF/Fantasy writer David Feintuch -- best known for the "Nicholas Seafort" series -- died last week of a heart attack.

The closest thing to an obituary online at this point seems to be this remembrance by fellow writer Michael A. Burstein.

I never met him personally, but he did spontaneously ask to write a new introduction for the book club edition of the first two "Seafort" books, and that kind of enthusiasm and energy (looking for something new and interesting to do, and wanting to keep in touch with his readers) always makes me favorably disposed to an author. He was yet another writer who I expected I'd run into "some day" at a Worldcon or somewhere like that, but now it's too late. My condolences to his family.

No comments:

Post a Comment