Thursday, March 02, 2006

Results of the Test

If there's one thing I've learned during my fifteen years in the direct marketing business -- and they've been fifteen long, hard years, full of toil and strife; fifteen winters, my friend -- it's that tests are important. You have to plan them carefully, know what it is you're actually testing, and design the test so that the data from the two sides will tell you something useful. And then you need to wait until the test is done, gather your data, and evaluate the results.

By those standards, what I just did is barely a test, but it'll do. The blog links to your left are now organized into whimsical categories, though the category headers could be more visible and display-font looking. However, it will certainly work for now. And I've fixed the strange link for Dark Echo so that it no longer pokes this blog in the ribs all of the time; that was quite uncomfortable.

No comments:

Post a Comment