Sunday, July 24, 2011

A Random Congratulations

...to everyone getting married today: being married is awesome, and welcome to the club.

I particularly want to welcome all of the gay men and lesbians of New York state, several hundred of whom can get married for the first time ever today -- it took too long to come, but it's here now. (Well, not here -- I'm personally in New Jersey, where I expect my "family-values" governor would veto and berate any similar effort, as he does any attempt to be fair or compassionate to anyone.)

It looks like it's a wonderful day for a wedding, and I wish you all the greatest happiness and love in your married lives together. And I really hope more states follow as quickly as possible; this issue seems to finally getting momentum in the right direction.

Again: congratulations! Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment