Sunday, February 12, 2023

Reviewing the Mail: Week of February 11, 2023

This week I got wo more library books, including one that I've had on hold for months, since the moment I was first about to do so. And these are those books:

Ducks: Two Years in the Oil Sands is a massive graphic novel from Kate Beaton; it came out last year and has been getting enthusiastic reviews ever since. It also looks to be the big story she's written bits of for a number of years now - or one of them; I'm also hoping someday to get a major "kid Kate talks to adult Kate" book - so I'm looking forward to it.

A Wealth of Pigeons is a collection of single-panel cartoons by Steve Martin and Harry Bliss. I just read Number One Is Walking, Martin's memoir of movie-making as turned into comics format by Bliss - which was about 60% single-panel cartoons by volume, incidentally - so I figured I should check out their first book together. This is that book.

No comments:

Post a Comment