Saturday, January 13, 2024

Quote of the Week: You Want It Right or You Want It Tuesday?

Triangle of Production. Three corners: Good, Fast, Cheap. You can have any two but not the third. Another one of Andros's teachings. We can do fast and cheap. I tell everyone good will follow, sure as dark Earth follows light. I'm hoping Laine or Gebre are too busy planning for the wedding to ask us exactly what we're doing. Cariad Corcoran's Corollary to the Triangle of Production. You can have it good, fast or quiet. If you can't get quiet, then get a wedding. The best place to hide any secret is inside a wedding.

 - Ian McDonald, The Menace from Farside, p.40

1 comment:

Kevin Standlee said...

I used to include in my email signature file at work "Fast/Accurate/Cheap (pick any two)" but my manager had me remove it because clients didn't want to hear it, and apparently sales managers promised all three.

Post a Comment