Monday, March 25, 2024

Portions for Foxes: Creature

"Portions for Foxes" is a series of weekly posts, each about one song by a woman or a band led by a woman. See the introduction for more.

Some songs you know just what they're about. Some songs...you don't.

This week, I have one of the latter. I love it: it makes me happy with its peppy energy. But I couldn't explain it if you paid me.

This is Bridgette Bardot by Creature. It's kinda sorta about the French actress, maybe, not really.

Would you say no to Brigitte Bardot?
I would never!
Kids say they know Brigitte Bardot
I know her better!
Make an escape like Brigitte Bardot
Get me out of here!

Um, yeah. I vaguely thought the band were European, maybe singing in a language not their own, but, while working on this post, I just discovered that they're Canadian, so...I now think the randomness and quirkiness are just the dance-music influence.

And, anyway, a song doesn't need to mean anything. It just need to sound right. This one sounds great, and if I were the kind of person who actually likes to dance, it would get my feet moving right quick. Hope it does the same for yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment