Monday, August 12, 2024

Portions for Foxes: Ida Maria

"Portions for Foxes" is a series of weekly posts, each about one song by a woman or a band led by a woman. See the introduction for more.

I could say it's a silly song this week, one saying something obvious. But I don't think it's all that obvious.

It's mostly happy, though, which is unusual for me.

This week, I'm slightly embarrassed to say, my song is I Like You So Much Better When You're Naked by Ida Maria.

It's set in an anxious moment - probably a new relationship, where the physical side is easier than the talking side. And it's a bouncy, zippy rock number, led by Ida Maria's wonderful near-growl of a delivery.

Oh, the clever things I should say to you;
They got stuck somewhere, stuck between me and you...
Oh, I'm nervous - I don't know what to do!

The refrain is joyful and zingy:

'Cause I like you so much better when you're naked!
I like me so much better when you're naked!

I love the "I like me so much better" bit - that moment in a relationship when you feel like you're doing things wrong, except for this one bit, that you can totally get right...so you want to get back to that bit.

It's happy and sunny and positive and sexy and fun in every possible way - a great song to kick off a hot summer week (for those of us in the Northern Hemisphere, like me and the Norwegian Ida Maria) with a bang.

No comments:

Post a Comment