Tuesday, August 18, 2009

World Fantasy Defines 2009 Lifetime Achievement, From A to Y

This year's Lifetime Achievement winners for the World Fantasy Award were announced earlier today, and they will be Jane Yolen and Ellen Asher!

My heartiest congratulations to both -- I worked with Ellen for sixteen years (and refer to her regularly, and without any sarcasm, as the Uncrowned Queen of Science Fiction) and just the other day was poking through a library shelf of middle-grade novels and noticing just how darn many good books Jane Yolen has written.

I got an e-mail from one of the Secret Masters of Fandom tipping me off this morning; the official word that it was no longer secret came via Locus Online.

All of the other World Fantasy Awards will be announced at this year's World Fantasy Convention in San Jose over Halloween weekend; sadly, I will not be attending this year, for distance and time and not-working-in-the-field-right-at-this-second reasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment