Sunday, August 02, 2009

James Bond Daily: Normal Service Will Resume Shortly

Ten years ago -- before children, and when my boys were small -- I used to get a lot of reading done on vacations, and power through a whole pile of things I'd save up for that time.

No more, though. Now even a day at home means two or three errands, getting meals organized, and just games of Super Mario Sluggers interrupting my day. (Though don't get the idea that I'm complaining.)

So I've been stuck in the middle of Diamonds Are Forever for the past five days, waiting for reading time to be available again. (The fact that I spent over five hours this afternoon dealing with work e-mails didn't help, either.)

I expect to finish it up tomorrow, and get back on track for the rest of the week...until Worldcon sidetracks me again.

No comments:

Post a Comment