Monday, March 28, 2022

Reviewing the Mail: Week of 3/26/22

One book this week, and it's a re-buy, so I can probably just point at the old times I wrote about it. Would that be fair or honest? Well, probably not.

The book is Little Nothings, Vol. 1: The Curse of the Umbrella by Lewis Trondheim, the first of four volumes collecting an autobiographical strip he did around a decade and a half ago. [1] I think that series of comics ended in his native France a good decade ago, though Approximate Continuum Comics is the same kind of thing, originally somewhat earlier in France, and I think was published a different way.

Anyway, this is slice-of-life comics, daily diary style, and I wrote about it when I got the book almost exactly fourteen years ago and read it later that month. I'm now going to read it again, and probably blog about it in the fulness of time, too.


[1] Googling it, I see that the strip originally appeared online, and is still live, albeit in French. I also note there were seven collections of the strip in French, so we monoglots in English are missing nearly half of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment