Monday, August 01, 2022

Reviewing the Mail: Week of July 30, 2022

One book this time, which came from the library. (I asked for two last weekend; one came through quickly and the other, I suppose, is still stuck in the gears somewhere.)

Stone Fruit is a 2021 graphic novel by Lee Lai, published by Fantagraphics, about three women and the kid they all connect to. I believe it's Lai's first major work - or maybe first long work - and I've seen it on some "Best of the Year" lists last year. I don't know a heck of a lot more about it that that, which is pretty much how I like to go into new stories: some people say it's good, I have a vague sense of genre (modern, kitchen-sink, family travails, in this case), and that's it.

I expect to read it before this post goes live, too. Call that a recommendation of a sort, if you like.

No comments:

Post a Comment