Monday, July 31, 2006

Book-A-Day #14 (7/30): The Adventures of Super Diaper Baby by Dav Pilkey

I read this to Thing 2 at bedtime over the last two nights -- it's a comic-strip format book, supposedly written and illustrated by the heroes of the "Captain Underpants" series. So it's a short, middle-grades book, and a sidebar to an existing series. It's fun for Captain Underpants fans, but I don't think anyone else would be interested.

I wouldn't normally have listed it (since I've read it to one of the boys at least twice before), but I didn't manage to finish Odyssey yesterday, and I want to keep up the book-a-day pace. (And it is a book which I did finish yesterday.)

Oh, and no one reading this outside my household will care, but: the long-awaited eighth "Captain Underpants" book is coming out two weeks from tomorrow! The boys are beside themselves with joy, and I'm vaguely happy myself (not quite as happy as I am by the fact that the new Haruki Murakami short-story collection is coming out the same day, but happy enough).

No comments:

Post a Comment