Monday, July 02, 2007

Anyone Have an Older Laptop For Sale?

I've come to the conclusion that having a laptop (so I can work when I'm away from my basement hideaway -- either in the backyard, watching the kids in the pool, or actually out and about) would be very useful right now.

I've been checking out Craigslist for a decent used one (I certainly don't need anything new), but I figured I might as well ask you folks, to see if anyone has one sitting in a closet I could buy.

I'm agnostic on the Mac-Windows question; the computer I'm typing on now is a Mac (all of my home computers have been, partly to make things easier and partly out of pure inertia), but I used Wintel boxes at work, and there are certainly more of those out there. I'm just looking for something that isn't too slow, has a battery that still holds a decent charge, and has WiFi.

(What I'd mostly be doing with it is web-browsing, blogging, and maybe some word processing -- the standard stuff)

If anyone has such a thing they're already looking to get rid of (and is either in the New York area, or will be at Readercon this weekend), please e-mail me at acwheele at optonline dot net. (And then we'll see what The Wife thinks about my plans...)

No comments:

Post a Comment