Thursday, August 01, 2019

Books Read: July 2019 (and catch-up)

So the last time I did this was for January. Um, yeah.

I think I just forgot, though embarrassment cannot be ruled out as a contributory cause. Here's what I've read since then -- it's not a very long list, though July has found me with a new reading regime that seems to be working. (No explanations, or promises, for now -- I've learned my lesson.)

February 2019:
Seth Stephens-Davidowitz, Everybody Lies (2/9)

Stanley Bing, 100 Bullshit Jobs...and How to Get Them (2/11)

March 2019:
{fx: sound of crickets}

April 2019:
Kickily, Perdy, Vol. 1 (4/2)

Doug Mack, The Not-Quite States of America (4/23)

May 2016:
P.G. Wodehouse, Jeeves in the Offing (5/6)

Gene Wolfe, The Shadow of the Torturer (5/7, in Shadow & Claw)

Gene Wolfe, The Claw of the Conciliator (5/16, in Shadow & Claw)

Gene Wolfe, The Sword of the Lictor (5/23, in Sword & Citadel)

Tad Tuleja, Curious Customs (5/28)

June 2019:
{fx: a distant, ominous buzzing sound}

July 2019:
Gene Wolfe, The Citadel of the Autarch (7/3, in Sword & Citadel)

Roger Zelazny, Creatures of Light and Darkness (7/6)

Brandon Graham, Pillow Fight (7/9)

Kij Johnson, The Dream-Quest of Vellitt Boe (7/10)

Jan Morris, Hav (7/17)

George Saunders, The Braindead Megaphone (7/20)

Lavie Tidhar, The Violent Century (7/26)

Gene Wolfe, The Castle of the Otter (7/28, in Castle of Days)

Gene Wolfe, "Castle of Days," (7/29, in Castle of Days)

Matt Wagner, Mage: The Hero Denied, Vol. 6 (7/30)

Steve Erickson, Rubicon Beach (7/31)


As always, past performance is not indicative of future results. I have no idea what I'll read in August, or how much of it, or whether anyone will care. But I do this primarily as record-keeping for myself, so I think I'll be back in a month with an update. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment