Monday, November 06, 2006

Book-A-Day #113 (11/6): Un Lun Dun by China Mieville

I think I've been talking too much about not-yet-published books here -- usually after starting off with "I shouldn't say anything about this book" and then running on at the mouth for a thousand words or so.

I really will be brief this time: Un Lun Dun is Mieville's next book (publishing March 2007 in the US); it's a YA novel, of all things; and it starts a bit slowly but is very enjoyable once it gets going. I really wonder what the reviews are going to be like with this one -- on the one hand, it's very much a Mieville novel, but having been written for the younger audience it's also in many ways not a typical Mieville novel. (Far fewer bodily fluids, for one thing.)

And, y'know, I read it. Mostly on the planes to and from World Fantasy.

The Fabulous Book-A-Day Index!

No comments:

Post a Comment