Friday, November 24, 2006

Book-A-Day #129 (11/22): The Jennifer Morgue by Charles Stross

I started reading this at Philcon (after buying it there), where Charlie was the Guest of Honor -- I thought that was appropriate.

It's the sequel to The Atrocity Archives, though this one is more of a James Bond parody, while Archives was a weird Len Deighton thing. (Both are semi-serious, and show that Stross is the one and true heir of H.P. Lovecraft.) I love them to death; they're my favorite Stross books, and this one is even better than Archives. (Though he did cheat in his twist at the end of the novel -- yes, I suppose the geas could be twisted that way, but the plot the geas was following would not focus on anyone but the "main character" for any extended period of time.)

The Fabulous Book-A-Day Index!

No comments:

Post a Comment