Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Book-A-Day #114 (11/7): Art in the Blood by P.N. Elrod

This is the fourth book in the "Vampire Files" series; I read it in the omnibus The Vampire Files, Vol. 2.

Jack Fleming is a vampire in '30s Chicago; I usually describe him as being a "vampire PI," but he isn't, exactly -- he turns into a medium-level mobster as the series goes on, and he's something like an amateur sleuth, but he's not officially a PI (though he does work, off an on, for an investigator who is not public).

This is the one about artists, and I just sped through it yesterday. I read it for a reason that will probably be obvious, but I'm not going to say anything at this point. These books aren't great literature -- they don't try to be, bless their hearts -- but they're pleasant, zippy reads and my fantasy- and mystery-reading brains both like them.

The Fabulous Book-A-Day Index!

No comments:

Post a Comment