Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Book-A-Day #127 (11/20): What Would Wally Do? by Scott Adams

Scott Adams is beginning to get greedy. This is a new Dilbert book (well, newish; I think there's been one more since this came out), but it's not a book of new cartoons. Instead, this collects what seems to be all of the Dilbert cartoons of the last seventeen years with Wally in them (so those of us who already have a shelf-full of them don't have to poke through to find all of the manifestations of Wally, I guess).

I'd feel annoyed if this book wasn't so funny; Wally is a great character and I really do enjoy reading about him. (And I didn't balk when G.B. Trudeau did something similar with Action Figure! and Dude: The Big Book of Zonker.)

The Dilbert TV show stuck voices in my head for all of the Dilbert characters -- luckily, that show was exceptionally well-cast, so the voices are all perfect for those characters (Larry Miller's Pointy-Haired Boss was my particular favorite, but whoever did the Wally voice also nailed it).

So, all in all, I liked this book, and I guess it was worth the price. But anyone who thinks this is a book of new cartoons should be warned: it isn't.

The Fabulous Book-A-Day Index!

No comments:

Post a Comment