Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Book-A-Day #136 (11/29): Powers, Vol. 4: Supergroup by Brian Michael Bendis and Michael Avon Oeming

See my post on Vol. 3 for the full-on Bendis impersonation; I'm not going to attempt that again.

It's still an interesting series at this point, and major changes do happen (which I appreciate). The ex-superhero cop stays ex here, and I'm beginning to feel that he will (which is good; I don't think of that as a Checkov Gun but as a character definer).

On the other hand, Bendis's fractured dialogue plus occasionally confusing panel layouts (especially early on) led me to re-read the same pages a couple of times to figure out exactly what people are saying and if any of it means anything. That is not a good thing. Still, I probably will look for Vol. 5 when I hit the comic store the next time.

The Fabulous Book-A-Day Index!

No comments:

Post a Comment