Thursday, November 09, 2006

My Philcon Schedule

Since everyone else posts their con schedules, I figured I'd do so as well. (There might be one or two people who want to see me blather on, though I expect most folks would rather listen to authors talk.)

I'm driving in on the Friday, and expect to arrive sometime in the afternoon -- I'm taking the opportunity of driving to detour and hit some used-book stores along the way (possibly including the fabled Baldwin's Book Barn, if it's still open). And then Philcon has me being quite busy:

  • Sat 1:00 PM in Salon 1 (1 hour)
    DO EDITORS SHAPE POPULAR TASTE OR MERELY REFLECT IT? (87)
    Or do they just buy stories?
  • Sat 2:00 PM in Ballroom A (1 hour)
    HOW DID THAT PIECE OF CRAP GET TO BE A CLASSIC?. (101)
    Books that have been read by millions and survived the test of time and you still can't stand them. This conclusion leads to a charge of arrogance or lack of appreciation. Is there a third alternative? Cite examples. Go ahead, be daring.
  • Sat 5:00 PM in Salon 9 (1 hour)
    WHAT YOU SHOULD BE READING: THE NEW GOOD STUFF (165)
    What is new and good in the genre?
  • Sat 6:00 PM in Parlor B (1 hour)
    THE FICTION OF CHARLES STROSS (120)
    Talking about the work of our Principal Speaker.
  • Sun 11:00 AM in Logans 2 (1 hour)
    THE NEXT GENERATION OF SCIENCE FICTION (144)
    How do we go about recruiting new readers?
  • Sun 1:00 PM in Salon 2 (1 hour)
    THE BOOKS YOU ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO READ (163)
    Even today some science fiction, fantasy and horror books are still being banned. The latest and greatest books being banned, censored or burned.

1 comment:

Lou Anders said...

Nice panels. 3 in particular I would love to be in the audience for.

Post a Comment