Tuesday, November 25, 2008

That Fine Old Clan, the Wheelers

My father, along with one of his older brothers, have been tracing the family genealogy back over the past few years. (As hobbies go, it's a relatively harmless one, and they don't seem to have found any major skeletons in any closets.)

I've just gotten another batch of their findings -- two big DVDs of family documents, photos, and miscellany, plus a CD-ROM biography of my great-great grandfather William Sippell Wheeler.

But the big news this year is that I can now trace my ancestry to Resolved White, who came over on the Mayflower in 1620 with his parents, William and Susanna (being only five years old at the time, he was presumably too small to make the journey alone).

So if there was ever any doubt about how much of a WASP I am, I hope this has laid that to rest.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should check out the geni.com site ... it's like social networking for genealogists, and I've found it to be a good way to get people and kids interested in their relatives and family history.

Brad Holden said...

There was great glee in my grandfather's family when he discovered that we were descended from a Mayflower passenger. The glee disappeared when it was later found that said passenger was later hung.

Post a Comment