Saturday, May 23, 2009

Quiet Disappearances

Sometime in the last six months or so, the ghost of my other blog -- and the ghosts of its sister blogs, all done for that company that changes its name about as often as I change my socks -- quietly disappeared from the Internet. (There are echoes of it on the Wayback Machine, but I doubt it's all there. And it was mostly linkblogging, so it's not anything that needed to be saved in the first place.)

Yesterday is the two-year anniversary of my final post there -- and of the unpleasant meeting I had that very same day, which led to lots of good and bad things in subsequent months. The lesson from that is that all things pass -- and I hope that the current crop of the laid-off in the publishing world can take a little comfort from that. Things do get better -- they get different, too, but they do get better.

No comments:

Post a Comment