Saturday, March 23, 2013

Incoming Books: March 22nd

I think I'm about to get serious about replacing at least some of the books I lost in the big flood, and, to start that, I had a big order from Midtown Comics this week. (They had a 30% off sale, with free shipping and no tax since they don't have nexus in my state, and I'll take that any day.)

So I got a couple of things that they boys can earn by telling me stories that they read, and. for myself, mostly books I used to have:

Famous Players by Rick Geary, his tenth graphic novel about a single historical murder, which I reviewed for ComicMix in 2009.

Speaking of Rick Geary, I also got the 2007 Gumby collection that he drew and Bob Burden wrote.

Good-Bye, the third collection of Yoshihiro Tatsumi's devastating and masterful gekiga stories from the early '70s, which I also reviewed for ComicMix.

The Grave Robber's Daughter, a short Richard Sala graphic novel from 2006.

Slow News Day and Dumped, two Andi Watson graphic novels.

Dork Vol. 2: Circling The Drain and Bill & Ted's Most Excellent Adventures, Vol. 1, two Evan Dorkin joints.

Scott Saavedra's Dr. Radium Battles Phill, King Of The Pill Bugs.

A bunch of Gilbert Hernandez, for my big planned Love and Rockets re-read and a couple of books that I actually don't think I ever read: Girl Crazy, The Adventures of Venus, and New Stories #1.

Almost Silent, a hardcover collection of four separate graphic novels by the Norwegian cartoonist Jason; I reviewed three of them here in separate posts and the fourth in a roundup.

The classic Violent Cases by Neil Gaiman and Dave McKean.


Steve Moncuse's mostly-forgotten Fish Police Volume 1, which got a reprinting from IDW in 2011 for no obvious reason. I think I had the old, old album-size reprints (and all of the issues packed up in longboxes), but I haven't read this in twenty years.

Legend Of GrimJack Vol. 7 by John Ostrander and Tom Mandrake.

And, last, the first volume of James Kochalka's American Elf, since it's now done, so I'll have to dig into the archives for my fix.

(It might be clear from this list that I began my comics-reading in the '80s, and I'll cheerfully admit that.)

No comments:

Post a Comment