Saturday, October 24, 2009

Stitching It Up

I reviewed David Small's NBA-nominated comics memoir Stitches on Thursday for ComicMix -- yes, I'm late in linking to it, but what can I do? I was not quite as positive as some other people have been, but that's typical for me. There is quite a lot that's impressive about Stitches, but I wouldn't consider it a masterpiece, and I'm not sure it would be on my ten best of the year.

Your mileage may vary, of course -- and it's a major graphic novel that should be read widely.
----------------
Listening to: Bess Rogers - Sunday
via FoxyTunes

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dubious about Stitches, but you recommended The Wrong Guy! My wife is still mocking me for insisting she rent that.

Unknown said...

I'm with you on this one, and I tried to explicate it in my review. It's good, but has enough faults and drawbacks that I don't think it will make my "best of" list this year. Sometimes that popular consensus is wrong, dammit.

Post a Comment