Monday, March 19, 2007

Incoming Books, week of 3/19

I usually do these posts on the weekend, but I was at Lunacon (and a post about that will be coming later tonight, maybe) then. And the stack is getting a bit high, so I don't want to wait until next weekend.

So, here's what entered La Casa Hornswoggler over the last eight days or so:
  • Revelation X: The "Bob" Apocryphon by the SubGenius Foundation, Inc.
    It was there, and it was free. How could I not take it? (even if I haven't been even vaguely a SubG for ages)
  • Doing Nothing: A History of Loafers, Loungers, Slackers, and Bums in America by Tom Lutz
    Who keeps leaving these great books on the discard pile at my office? I'll never get to read all of them...
  • Living on the Edge of the World: New Jersey Writers Take on the Garden State edited by Irina Reyn
    It has a new Tom Perotta story in it, and I'm somewhat interested in the rest of it.
  • Working Stiff by Grant Stoddard
    I saw a review of this somewhere a couple of weeks ago, and decided not to put it on my list. Too frivolous, I thought. Then I ran across a free copy, and...here it is.
  • Between the Bridge and the River by Craig Ferguson
    Got great reviews, and sounded interesting, when it came out last year, but I managed not to buy it then. But...yes, another book on the freebie shelf, the love and bane of my existence.
  • The Power Broker: Robert Moses and the Fall of New York by Robert A. Caro
    I feel like I need to read this. On the other hand, it's over twelve hundred pages long. Maybe someday.
  • Little Lulu, Vol. 14: Queen Lulu by John Stanley and Irving Tripp
    I'm finding about every other one of these books on the freebie shelf. Either someone else is grabbing the in-between ones, or Dark Horse has a really quirky sub-rights department. Another comics series I hope to read some of, someday.
  • Only in Books: Writers, Readers, & Bibliophiles on Their Passion edited by J. Kevin Graffagnino
    A quote book...and yet another thing I found on the freebie shelf. At least I'm not spending money...

No comments:

Post a Comment