Sunday, April 29, 2007

Incoming Books, week of 4/29

No, I haven't been forgetting to list books that came in; there just haven't been any for a few weeks (and that's getting me antsy -- yes, I have probably a thousand or more older books that I haven't read, but I still want new stuff coming in regularly...it's a sickness, I tell you).

But this week, there were a few:
  • Boomsday by Christopher Buckley
  • Path of the Assassin, Vol. 6: Life's Greatest Difficulty by Kazuo Koike and Goseki Kojima
    Just for the record, I'm now three volumes behind on reading this series. I'm going to pretend it's all part of a Cunning Plan to read a lot of them in order to make keeping track of the complicated plots and counter-plots easier...
  • Crying Freeman, Vol. 1 by Kazuo Koike and Ryoichi Ikegami
    I've been meaning to try this series for at least a couple of years -- this time, since, during the aborted late '80s manga boom, I also kept thinking I'd want to try it -- since I've liked Koike's historical series (most famously Lone Wolf and Cub) and Ikegami's art was quite good on Mai the Psychic Girl (the only thing of his I've seen).
  • Alias the Cat by Kim Deitch
    I've read the first two-thirds of this as individual comics issues, and I'm really looking forward to sitting down with the whole thing. Deitch is one of the geniuses of modern comics, and he doesn't get the attention he deserves.

No comments:

Post a Comment