Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Another Busy Day

More traveling-to-stuff this afternoon that it would be inappropriate to talk about, and then the kids wanted to go to TerraBite (a gaming center in my town that has loads of PS2s, Xboxen, Wiis, and so on) for an hour this evening, to use a coupon they got recently.

So the day has been full. (And tomorrow, since there's no school, The Wife is dragging us all down to The Shore because she's a good Jersey girl who realized that Thing 2 has never seen the ocean in his six years. So that'll be another another busy day.) This is turning into a hectic week, with unspecified stuff Monday and running around on errands with The Wife yesterday.

Luckily, I got some time on a train today (I did also on Monday), which was soothing and pleasant. I don't know if it's true everywhere in the world, but, around here, trains tend to run around the backsides of things, on the other side of buildings, through small semi-wild areas, and so on -- so a train ride shows a completely different view of an area than a ride on the road does. And, after sixteen years of commuting regularly by bus, I really appreciate a decent train.

One last thing before I wander off to gather ComicMix links -- I saw a license plate today that I couldn't quite translate, so I hoped someone here would grasp it instantly and make me look dumb. It was a little bitty car, probably a Mini Cooper, and it read 4U2MTR6.

I can get "For You Too, Empty" out of that, but the R6 stumps me. (Unless it's a weird way of saying "my other car is a Mazda.") Any thoughts?

2 comments:

Karen Burnham said...

Actually, what I got when I saw that was "For you to Meter - 6" putting the MTR together instead of the MT. Don't know if that makes any sense, but someone might be very concerned with parking meters in NY?

Brad Holden said...

I thought that there was some sort state obligation to go to Wildwood or Cape May every year. If you didn't do it, you were banished to Trenton or, even worse, Pennsylvania.

Maybe my in-laws actually WANT to go there.....

Post a Comment