Sunday, September 02, 2007

Incoming Books, Week of 9/1

Some of these I bought, some were given to me by colleagues, and a couple came in from publicity folks for review (either here or at ComicMix). I hope to dive into some of this stuff as soon as I knock off the last book-and-a-half of Hornswoggler's Estleman Loren Project, which has been taking longer than I expected...
  • Samedi the Deafness by Jesse Ball -- an interesting literary debut novel from Vintage
  • Carnet de Voyage by Craig Thompson -- a sketchbook travelogue from the author of Blankets; it's also about a year and a half older than I expected.
  • Good As Lily by Derek Kirk Kim and Jesse Hamm -- another Minx title.
  • The Book of Classic Insults edited by Tom Steele -- a cheap remainder at Borders (where I've been a lot the last couple of weeks, since I've been bribing Thing 1 with manga for every "real book" he reads over summer vacation).
  • Graphic Classics: Bram Stoker edited by Tom Pomplun
  • The Somnabulist by Jonathan Barnes -- an interesting-looking detective/historical/occult/thriller/fantasy with a great first paragraph, which I'm hoping to put off to read closer to its February 2008 publication date. Let's see how long I can resist it...
  • Making Money by Terry Pratchett -- which I suspect will be the next big book I read.
  • Queen of Candescence by Karl Schroeder -- I left behind a copy of Sun of Suns in my old office; maybe I can find time to read this one.
  • Angel Skin by Christian Westerlund and Robert Nazeby Herzig -- another graphic novel to review for ComicMix
  • and Ragamuffin by Tobias S. Buckell.
Well, I'd better get reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment