Sunday, December 17, 2023

Reviewing the Mail: Week of 12/16/2023

Another week, another new book from the library - as I type this (pretty early in the week), there's only one, but maybe I'll have to amend this post if I get things actually in the mail.

The Kaiju Preservation Society is a recent humorous SF novel from John Scalzi, who is pretty well-known in those parts. I realized I've missed his last, um, eight or ten novels - I have The Human Division and The End of All Things on the to-be-read shelves, so that was probably when I stalled out - and figured I should remedy that. Back when I edited SF, I thought Scalzi was an incredibly talented writer whose books leaned harder into the quick and facile stuff than I wanted them to. These days, I'm often looking for quick and funny reads, so I might be more in tune with his sensibility - I'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment