Sunday, December 31, 2023

Reviewing the Mail: Week of 12/30/23

As I type this, the post for last week hasn't gone live yet; I could add this book there. But I don't feel like it, so I won't. Instead, for the moment - unless and until I unwrap some Xmas presents I got myself - this week's post is another single book from the library.

Adventuregame Comics, Vol. 2: The Beyond is the second in a somewhat Choose-Your-Own-Adventure-style series of graphic novels by Jason Shiga. Leviathan came out last year, and both follow the model of the (much larger, much more ambitious, vastly more work as far as I can see) decade-old Meanwhile..., still one of the best, most interesting GNs I've ever seen. I thought Leviathan was fun, if not as impressive and overwhelming as Meanwhile..., and it's good to see it is continuing as a series.

No comments:

Post a Comment