Friday, August 01, 2008

A Plague of David Jenkinses

Bookslut pointed me at this breezy Guardian article about writers who share names (but not much else) by a David Jenkins.

I don't mind telling you that I live in fear that one of the other Andrew Wheelers will suddenly write a big novel, or take over a major publishing company, or something similar. (Or, on a lower level, that the Ninth Art Andrew Wheeler will go back to reviewing comics and completely confuse everyone. Hang on, though -- that could be fun. Maybe we could go on TV as a Siskel-and-Ebert kind of thing.)

Edit, the next day: I thought I should go back and throw in a link to the other comics-reviewing Andrew Wheeler (because, you know, we Andrew Wheelers need to stick together), but Ninth Art is utterly toast at this point, just a collection of broken links. So all I can do is point to the Newsarama announcement that it was closing. (I also note that the world was without a comics-reviewing Andrew Wheeler for just about a year, which must have been cause for much mourning.)

I wonder if the London comics Andrew Wheeler is also the British cookbook-writing Andrew Wheeler?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, the joy of having a unique name that isn't, y'know, too outlandish.

--Ian Randal Strock (though I'm unique even if I don't use my middle name)

Unknown said...

Feh. I know of two other Michael Walshs in fandom, have met one and will probably meet the other at WFC this year.

Post a Comment