Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The Apotheosis of Suburbia

This evening, while coming out of the Wal*Mart parking lot -- yes, I know -- I was behind a minivan of a soccer mom. I knew she was a soccer mom because she had decals on the back of the van, two of soccer balls and one of a cheerleader. Those decals also had the names of her children.

And those children are Caitlyn, Tyler, and Madison.

Why then, this is hell, nor am I out of it.


Nick said...

If you combine both Madison and Maddison together, it becomes the 7th most popular name in the Australian state of Victoria since 2000.


Andrew Wheeler said...

Nick: I know that there are people who spell Madison with two D's, but I choose to ignore their existence. I'm afraid there is no help for them in this world at all.

Kerry said...

I hate those creepy car stickers so much!

Robert Hutchinson said...

When will we finally start hearing about children named Taft and Harding?

(Word verification: "slytor". Seems a shame for that to come up on a non-SFnal post.)

Post a Comment