Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Eisner Hall of Fame Voting Open

I've mentioned, once or twice, that I'm one of the judges for the Will Eisner Comic Industry Awards this year -- if not; well, I am. I'm finding it less taxing, so far, than being a World Fantasy judge was; the books all have pictures as well as words, and the stacks haven't gotten as high yet. (Though I'm told that there's a whole hotel ballroom of books waiting for us on our judging weekend at the end of March -- and anything we haven't read before then, we'll need to get through quickly then.)

Our first task is now done; we've selected two Judges' Picks for the Hall of Fame -- Harold Gray and Graham Ingles -- and decided on the list from which Eisner voters will choose the other Hall of Fame winners this year.

The whole details are here -- and, if you're a professional working in the comics industry (either as a creator, publisher, editor, or retailer), you're eligible to vote. And, as always, I urge those eligible to vote for awards to actually do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment