Thursday, July 03, 2008

Heading off to San Francisco

I'm flying off to San Francisco on Saturday -- losing half of my holiday weekend, of course, but that's the life of an accounting-book marketer -- to attend the annual meeting of those hard-living, two-fisted types of the Institute of Internal Auditors. This time, I'll only be there with one colleague, and I think my evenings won't be stolen by obligatory receptions in the exhibit hall.

So I'm hoping there are some people out there who know me (and I know them) who might be interested in getting together for dinners and suchlike. If you fit that description, drop me an e-mail. (It looks like I'm free every night I'm in town, Saturday through Tuesday.)

If you don't, well...any recommendations for good restaurants or things to do in SF would be welcome, too -- I'll be in the Moscone Center area.

Thanks, and hope to see someone-or-other while I'm out there.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Sorry mate, I'll be in London. And most of Bay Area fandom will be in Vegas for Westercon. But here are some suggestions.

Borderlands Books is short BART trip away (Powell to 16th & Mission then a short walk) and Valencia Street has a bunch of good, cheap restaurants of wildly various ethnicities.

Closer to home is the Thirsty Bear which is a good brewpub and an excellent Spanish restaurant.

And you should take the time to visit the View Bar on the top floor of the Marriott because the views of the city are spectacular.

Post a Comment