Saturday, July 26, 2008

Magazine Follies

Today, I actually finished reading the July 2003 issue of The New York Review of Science Fiction, which I think I have been carrying around for the past five years. (No offense meant to NYRSF, particularly since I've kept up my subscription; it's just that magazines have always taken the hit when reading time is limited and NYRSF is generally at the bottom of that pile.)

I hope to read the August 2003 issue somewhat more quickly, though I'm not going to expect to catch up any time soon. I'm hoping to get into some good, juicy SFnal controversies of yesteryear; does anyone remember what we were passionately debating in mid-2003?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's sort of like the two-foot-high pile of New Yorkers and Atlantics sitting atop my dresser, except that I don't think I would have bothered with anything quite that old. Books in the to-read pile, on the other hand... I've got some books in the (purely notional) to-read pile that I bought upwards of 15 years ago.

Post a Comment