Tuesday, July 01, 2008

What Romance Novels Are Up To These Days

In the tradition of "Oh John Ringo No," but with more anal sex and less gratuitous violence and rape, I give you Smart Bitches, Trashy Books's review of Shayla Black's romance novel Decadent.

Money quote, slightly abridged but otherwise directly from the novel:
Kimber drew in a great, shocked gasp, her hazel eyes wide. “Deke?”
“What the hell are you doing?” Luc barked.
...Deke could barely form a word. “Fucking her ass. Saving her life.”
I first started reading Smart Bitches over a year ago, but stopped for a long time. "I don't read romance novels," I said to myself, "so why would I want to read reviews of them?" Because Smart Bitches is made of awesome, that's why.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The book's actual title is DECADENT. But yeah, that's a pretty awesome bit of writing.

--Eric

Andrew Wheeler said...

Eric: Thanks for noticing that; I've just corrected it.

Post a Comment