Friday, February 29, 2008

Here Come The Judge(s)!

Two major awards have announced their next set of judges recently -- and by "recently," I mean "I learned about them today, but I could be slow."

From SF Awards Watch: the judges for the 2009 Philip K. Dick Awards (reading books from 2008) are Tobias Buckell, M.M.Buckner, Walter Hunt, Rosemary Kirstein and Bill Senior.

Also from SF Awards Watch: the judges for the 2008 World Fantasy Awards (reading gigantic piles of things from 2007) are Peter Coleborn, Robert Hoge, Dennis L. McKiernan, Mark Morris, Steve Pasechnick.

(And I hope someone on last year's WFA judge panel will be able to pass on the Sekret Judges Memo, which I bequeathed to them last year and which the mighty Jeff Ford had handed down to the equally mighty Jeff VanderMeer in my year. Before that, its origins are lost in the mists of time. But it is truly a puissant and learned document.)

No comments:

Post a Comment