Saturday, February 09, 2008

Whiny Trekkies Want To Go To Space

So you're a Trekkie -- you've wasted many of the best years of your life being a fan of a (to put it charitably) series of mixed artistic success, and you not only haven't gotten into space, you don't even have a flying car.

What do you do?

Yell at Paramount, and threaten to hold your breath and pout if they don't donate some of their money for space exploration.

This is exactly why I make fun of space enthusiasts. Please note that they're not even threatening not to see the new Trek movie; the most they can promise is that they won't see it on opening weekend. I bet that Monday will see a lot of middle-aged loners with Spock ears slinking into theaters nationwide.

There's a word for people like this, and it's "loser."

[via Pat's Fantasy Hotlist]

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've wanted to go to space since I was three or four! I wouldn't do it now, it'd kill me, but I wish I could.

Child of Albion said...

"Space enthusiasts" is a rather broad description, no? Are you referring to people who care about space exploration and the advancement of various space programs, or to people who want daily shuttle service to Mars?

Anonymous said...

And then there are the Trekkies who are figuring out the most awesomeness-effective use of our space exploration funds:

http://crummy.com/2008/02/03

And they don't necessarily think human-staffed exploration is the way to go. "Exploration demonstrates how awesome the universe is, not how awesome you are."

Post a Comment