Friday, February 15, 2008

Things You Probably Didn't Need To Know About Me

Yet another gigantic meme! Picked up from Keith R.A. DeCandido as usual!

1. What is in the back seat of your car right now?
Thing 2's booster seat and an atlas in the seat-back pocket.

2. When was the last time you threw up?
A year or two ago, with a really nasty stomach virus that ran through the family. Before that, not since college.

3. What's your favorite curse word?
I try not to swear (kids, you know), so I think I say "Jesus" the most.

4. Name 3 people who made you smile today?
I'm afraid not.

5. What were you doing at 8 am this morning?
Getting off a train.

6. What were you doing 30 minutes ago?
Eating lunch.

7. What will you be doing 3 hours from now?
Getting ready to leave the office for a three-day weekend.

8. Have you ever been to a strip club?
Yes, but not since college.

9. What is the last thing you said aloud?
Something in the "goodbye" vein -- I was on a phone call with a co-worker about changes to a website page.

10. What is the best ice cream flavor?
Goo Goo Cluster.

11. What was the last thing you had to drink?
A can of Sprite. It's not done yet, either.

12. What are you wearing right now?
L.L. Bean greenish khaki pants, Bean yellow striped shirt, battered old-bruise-colored shoes from Big & Tall, and unmentionables.

13. What was the last thing you ate?
A red delicious apple.

14. Have you bought any new clothing items this week?
Yes, a polo shirt with a pocket from L.L. Bean over the net.

15. When was the last time you ran?
Probably to race Thing 2 down the street sometime before winter descended.

16. What's the last sporting event you watched?
I haven't a clue; it was quite a while ago.

What happened to 17?
Steven Brust has it.

18. Who is the last person you emailed?
A co-worker, passing on a direct mail PDF for comments.

19. Ever go camping?
Not since I was 13. Though it's threatened I may have to this summer, since the Things are Cub Scouts.

20. Do you have a tan?
In February in Hoboken? Not that I ever tan much, or try to, but right now it's laughable.

Ok, now what happened to 21, 22 & 23????
The twelve-year-old making up the test couldn't count.

24. Do you drink your soda from a straw?
If it's in a fast-food cup with a lid, yes. Otherwise not.

25. What did your last IM say?
I don't IM. I don't really get the point -- are e-mails too slow now?

26. Are you someone's best friend?
In the words of Roxie Hart, I am my own best friend.

27. What are you doing tomorrow?
Sleeping late, taking the kids to the library, living through the Cub Scout Blue & Gold Dinner.

28. Where is your mom right now?
Probably on the phone with someone about car insurance; she's at work.

29. Look to your left, what do you see?
Well, I'm looking for a man, I'm looking for a sign (I don't want to be the prisoner). But what I actually see isthe far wall of my officeicle.

30. What color is your watch?
Brown leather band, metallic casing, white face.

31. What do you think of when you think of Australia?
"Those are all a bunch of cricketers, Bruce."

32. Would you consider plastic surgery?
No.

33. What is your birthstone?
I have no idea.

34. Do you go in at a fast food place or just hit the drive thru?
It depends. If the kids want to jump around in the play area (though they're growing out of that age now), we'll go in. And there's no eating allowed in my car. So usually it's a take-it-home deal.

35.How many kids do you want?
I think I'll stick with two.

36. Do you have a dog?
No.

37. Last person you talked to on the phone?
Still the co-worker mentioned in answer 9.

38. Have you met anyone famous?
Really famous, or SF-famous? Of the former, not really.

39. Any plans today?
Got a meeting at two, then try to get work done. (On a Friday afternoon?)

40. How many states have you lived in?
New York and New Jersey -- two.

41. Ever go to college?
Yes. I even stuck around for four years to graduate. (Vassar College, 1990)

42. Where are you right now?
My officeicle at work.

43. Biggest annoyance in your life right now?
That a lot of my job still isn't second nature -- I have to figure out what to do before I do it too much of the time.

44. Last song listened to?
According to my iPod, "Dominique" by the Deathray Davies from Midnight at the Black Nail Polish Factory.

46. Are you allergic to anything?
Not that I know of, other than sudden death.

47. Favorite pair of shoes you wear all the time?
I have size 13 feet; I don't have favorite shoes, just ones that fit.

48. Are you jealous of anyone?
Not that I'd admit.

50. Is anyone jealous of you?
Who wouldn't be?

51. What time is it?
"The clock on the wall says three o'clock. Last call. For alcohol."
Actually, 1:23 in the afternoon, but that's less interesting.

52. Do any of your friends have children?
I have kids, so I'm automatically friends with the parents of the other local kids of the same age.

53. Do you eat healthy?
A healthy has never touched my lips.

54. What do you usually do during the day?
Work. Slack. Plot World Domination. The usual stuff.

55. Do you hate anyone right now?
No.

56. Do you use the word 'hello' daily?
I suppose so.

58. How old will you be turning on your next birthday?
Nine-and-thirty.

59. Have you ever been to Six Flags?
I do believe I'm married today because my then-prom-date and I went to Great Adventure the day after the prom.

60. How did you get one of your scars?
Running my hand along a fence outside the back of my church at age twelve, on the day I was supposed to play the lead in a Christmas play about four hours later. (That's my only notable scar, and it's almost impossible to see now.)

1 comment:

John Klima said...

I just did this for myself (and I'll admit, I read your answer and then deleted it to type my own). Man that got annoying towards the end. It was like: what? another question to answer?

Post a Comment