Monday, February 11, 2008

Hugo Nomination Deadline Is Coming Up

Those of you who either were members of last year's worldcon or are members of this year's worldcon are entitled to nominate for the Hugo Awards -- though, if history is any judge, most of you won't bother. (And I mean no moral judgment by that statement -- this year, I dithered about buying a Supporting Membership for too long, and missed the deadline for being able to nominate. So I won't be nominating or voting myself, I'm afraid.)

Anyway, if you're more organized or decisive than I am, go here and nominate. If you think that you might want to complain loudly about the results -- and you already have a membership -- you might as well do it now, since it will allow you to "ha-HA" loudly in the faces of people who attempt to stymie you with the "but did you nominate?!" argument.

I also note with amusement that John Klima is nominating me for a Hugo for Best Fan Writer. Hey, tell you what: I'll make a solemn vow. If I'm on the final ballot, I will be at Denvention 3 for the Hugos. (That's a safe promise, since there's no way I could be nominated.)

2 comments:

John Klima said...

LOL! You're the inspiration for me posting my nominations since you've done it for a few years in a row now, I figured what the heck...

Unknown said...

How's about posting a list of what you would have nominated?

Post a Comment