Sunday, February 17, 2008

Stoker Award Nominees

The Horror Writers Association has announced the final ballot for this year's Bram Stoker Awards; they don't seem to have it on their own website, but SF Signal has the full list.

I'm most intrigued that their categories are all named "Superior Achievement in..." rather than "Best" or "Favorite;" I expect there was a big fight somewhere along the line to end up with that.

And the main novel nominees (as opposed to the first novel nominees) are:
  • The Guardener's Tale by Bruce Boston
  • Heart-Shaped Box by Joe Hill
  • The Missing by Sarah Langan
  • The Terror by Dan Simmons
I've only read the Joe Hill, and I don't know much about horror (by choice), so I won't make any predictions or give any opinions this time. But good luck to all of the nominees...even though most of them, of course, will lose.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You might like the Dan Simmons-it reads(at least to me) much more like dark fantasy than horror.

Post a Comment