Wednesday, May 25, 2011

The Perils of Too Many Books

Hey, remember a couple of days ago, when I said I got a bunch of new books?

Well, one of them was the sixth volume of Penny Arcade, and I started to read it on the way to work yesterday...only to find it very familiar. Very familiar.

So I fired up the old external memory -- you're reading it right now -- and discovered that I had, indeed, already read that book. To make things worse, the copy I read the first time probably went to the Montclair Book Center as a used book, where I bought it again on Monday. So it's very likely that, not only did I read this book before, but that this is the very same copy that I read last year, and that I'd paid for the privilege of reading that copy again.

Of course, this means that I need to put the book back onto the stack to be sold as a used book, and see if the cycle repeats itself....

No comments:

Post a Comment