Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Incoming Books: 15 August

I went out to a bookstore at lunch today to get one book, and came home with two. (Well, I actually bought three, but one was for work, and stayed at work.)

I went to buy Captain Underpants and the Preposterous Plight of the Purple Potty People by Dav Pilkey (and I notice that this is, as far as I remember, the first time I've ever deliberately gone out of my way to buy something the first day it was available -- I even had to ask for it at the counter in the kids' section, and they grabbed the stack out of the back to put them out), and also brought home Pearls Before Swine: Sgt. Piggy's Lonely Hearts Club Comic by Stephan Pastis.

The first I'll read at bedtime to the boys over the next day or two, and the other one will probably get read in bits either by the computer (after I finish the other two volumes of The Complete Calvin & Hobbes) or in bed (after I finish Chip Kidd: Book One). So they don't, for once, seriously increase the to-be-read shelves.

No comments:

Post a Comment