Monday, August 07, 2006

Incoming Books: 7 July

I picked up two books at the office recently, and brought them home today:
  • Pegasus Descending by James Lee Burke
    I've enjoyed all of his books that I've read, but I have to wonder if I'll ever get to this; I've already got four Burke novels on the to-be-read bookshelf, including the previous three books in this series.
  • Uncommon Carriers by John McPhee
    I've already read one section of this in The New Yorker, so I've got a leg up. Still, I'm unlikely to pick it up this year.
My motto when it comes to books is "Get 'em while you can." You can always read a book later; it's not always possible to find it later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

One of my colleagues has an addendum:

I so agree. Of course, given my lack of organization, I might have to add "...even if you did get it. But at least it'll show up when you move -- or at the estate sale."

Best,
Brian McCullogh

Post a Comment