Friday, October 27, 2006

Book-A-Day #102 (10/26): The War Within by G.B. Trudeau

This isn't one of the major Doonesbury collections, but a smaller (one strip to a page), thematic one. The theme, as you might guess, is now-helmet-less B.D.'s problems dealing with his PTSD.

It's both funny and true, in that way Trudeau can achieve intermittently, though I don't have any first-hand knowledge of combat veterans or amputees, so I shouldn't claim too much for this on my own. (But it does seem that real live soldiers have been supporting this series of strips, which is a bit odd, considering how and when Doonesbury started.)

Anyway, it's a decent Doonesbury collection, but it is all about B.D.

The Fabulous Book-A-Day Index!
Edited 1/2/07: the huge list of links was getting annoying, and screwing up my Book-A-Day searches, so I've killed them in these posts that had them.

No comments:

Post a Comment