Thursday, September 21, 2006

M Is For the Meme I Use to Waste Time

A - Accent: According to me, I don't have an accent. Other people would probably say I have a vague American Northeast accent, without a strong regional flavor.
B - Breakfast item: During the week, a big cup of water. On the weekend, I try not to. But the New Jersey staple, the Taylor-ham-egg-and-cheese-on-a-roll, often trips me up.
C - Chore you hate: Mowing the lawn.
D - Dad's Name: Richard
E - Essential everyday item: Let's say the iPod, though my Palm is a close second.
F - Flavor ice cream: GooGoo Cluster, though I haven't had it in a while. In general, any flavor with one too many things stuck in it.
G - Gold or Silver?: White gold. It's not shiny and show-offy like silver or yellow gold.
H - Hometown: Don't really have one; I was born in Albany, NY, lived in and around Rochester, NY for my first decade, then Wayne, NJ, for the rest of my youth, and I now live in Pompton Lakes, NJ. In as much as I have a hometown, it's generalized New Jersey suburbia.
I - Insomnia: I used to have trouble falling asleep, years ago, because I would get wound up and I couldn't calm down, but that wasn't insomnia, per se. And it went away long ago.
J - Job Title: Senior Editor
K - Kids: Two: Thing 1 is 8 and Thing 2 is 5.
L - Living arrangements: Stately Hornswoggler Mansion is a two-story Cape Cod on a roughly 50x125 foot lot in the kind of town that has sidewalks but not fenced-in yards.
M - Mum's birthplace: Albany, NY, same as me.
N - Number of significant others you've had: The Wife. (Full stop.)
O - Overnight hospital stays: One night for my heart trouble back in 2002 (would have been more, but I checked myself out). Nothing else since birth that I can recall.
P - Phobia: Not as such.
Q - Queer: To mangle a quote from Daniel Handler's Adverbs, if sexuality is the United States and the East Coast is staunchly heterosexual and California to Washington state is exclusively gay men and lesbians, I'd be...about where I really am, in North Jersey close to New York. In this, as in so many other things, I'm quite boring.
R - Religious Affiliation: Brought up United Church of Christ, which is very vanilla Protestantism. Gave it all up as a bad idea around 1985.
S - Siblings: One younger brother, who is the demented mind behind the hasn't-been-updated-in-way-too-long webcomic Happy Freaking Ray of Goddamn Sunshine.
T - Time you wake up: This week (shudder) it's been 5:40. Usually it's 6:00 during the week, and 7-to-8ish on weekend, depending on how loud the boys are when they jump on my head.
U - Unnatural hair colours you've had: None
V - Vegetable you refuse to eat: Zucchini made me physically ill once, and I haven't touched it since. I'm not all that fond of most vegetables, but that one leads the pack.
W - Worst habit: With so many too chose from, how can I decide?
X - X-rays you've had: Just dental, though I've had a bunch of chest MRIs over the past few years.
Y - Yummy: Yummy yummy, I've got love in my tummy.
Z - Zodiac sign: Don't even go there, lest I snort in disdain.

No comments:

Post a Comment